Grain business has its own strict rules for data confidentiality. As IT-technology develops fast, the times, when your own PC was the safest place on Earth, have gone far away long time ago.
Let’s compare storage on local server (like PC, or your office server) and storage on remote server (as Graintrack’s one):
- Remote server is much more powerful and productive, as it is part of cloud services, and is as scalable as it needed.
- Remote server is much more secured from fails, as it is located in secured building with few internet cables, and is supported by specialists 24/7.
- Remote server can be updated without stopping work of the company
- No one can just come and take remote server away.
- Remote server has only licensed software installed.
What are the main vulnerabilities of cloud services and how we manage them:
|1||SQL – injections||Screening of input data|
|2||Data interception||TLS encrypting 2048 bytes|
|3||CSRF (Cross-Site Request Forgery)||Required request of unique session token while every POST-request|
|4||Losing data after operator mistake||Daily database backup|
|5||Illegal withdrawal of servers by state agencies||Servers in Germany, USA|
|6||Access to database from remote network||Firewall configuration: only local applications can access database|
|7||Losing data after drop of voltage or hard disk failure||Few channels of internet and power supply|
|8||User password brute force||Required complexity of password, required request on change every month. Access restriction by certain IP|
|9||DDoS||Secret domain name, not indexing by search engines|